[TenTec] ARRL Reviews 746PRO

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ARRL Reviews 746PRO
From: n4lq@iglou.com (n4lq@iglou.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:07:01 -0400
I just read the review of the IC-746 Pro in the new QST. I thought they
covered things pretty well. It does seem like they try to avoid
subjective comments which might be a good thing. Has anyone taken a close
look at the transmitt IMD charts and care to comment on it?
It is really interesting that the 746, which is much less expensive than
the 756, outperformed the the 756 in many areas plus has VHF capability.
I have to wonder what the owners of 756 Pro's are thinking about this and
now TenTec has to be concerned about out perfroming this rig with their
Orion. Of course I'm sure that won't be a problem.
It still continues to amaze me how Icom can't make QSK work correctly! I
suppose there are too few of us who make use of QSK but for me, it's a
huge factor. Hopefully the Orion's QSK will have that "transparent" feel
to it.

N4LQ