[TenTec] OMNI VI Transmit IMD [6+]

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI Transmit IMD [6+]
From: hondo@kscable.com (Steve M)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 21:35:23 -0500
I just reread the qst reveiw of the 6+. They were not happy with their
measurements so they got another one. It was better except on 80 meters
where it still missed 30db down by 3db.
       The first one was sent back to Ten Tec for repair. It missed 30db
down by 2db on 10 meters when retested.
         This doesn't prove anything but it does show that 3 examples of the
6+ didn't meet the Ten Tec spec of 30db down.

    Several radios with good audio reputations have intermod specs all over
the map from band to band--very good to horrible.
      John I know you were talking about the Omni 6 but I think info about
the 6+ is needed too.

73
Steve  wd0ct