[TenTec] installing #224 audio filter into Argosy IID

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] installing #224 audio filter into Argosy IID
From: pepperb@gov.on.ca (Brien Pepperdine)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:24:01 -0400 (EDT)
Hello.
I want to move the model #224 audio filter from an Argosy to an Argosy
IID.

The filter work(s)(ed) fine installed in the Argosy, but when in the IID I
get nothing! I can see the header wire on the IID that was not attached to
anything... but when I put it on the filter no audio comes out when the
header wire is on the filter.

Is there some other  header pin or something that has to be moved into
place/repositioned in order to put the filter into line, aside from the
5 or 6 wire flat cable header that plugs onto the filter?

I guess I figure the audio has to be directed somehow to that filter's
cable and pins  and into/and out of the filter, but I only have the filter
from the
old Argosy, not any documentation on the filter installation.

tnx

Brien Pepperdine
Amateur Radio Station VE3VAW
Toronto, Ontario Canada
ARCI QRP #8773 - NORCAL QRP "ZOMBIE"

-Information and comments herein are mine own and are separate and
independent of the electronic information gateways, pathways and
provider(s) utilized-