[TenTec] Jupiter taking a beating?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter taking a beating?
From: wa2tti@worldlynx.net (Jerry Harley)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:30:39 -0400
Yes I noticed the the reviews were terrible, when compared to other
radios.  I happen to own several of the radios that were getting
praises; IC 746 and FT847.  I don't know why all the negative comments.
I love my Jupiter.  It is always my first choice, the best part is the
instant filter narrowing and the quite receiver.  I compared the
Jupiter, which I received in Dec 2000 with a FT100D that I was operating
for a week in Aruba at P43V's just before I got the Jupiter (I'm
P40GH).  For the average everyday user and the price difference I'd have
to choose the Jupiter and have $1500 change.
I own and work with a lot of rigs, here is the way I rank them;
Jupiter, Corsair,  Drake TR7, FT847, IC746, FT100, TS180s,TT Omini D,
Atlas 350XL, TT544.  Jerry