[TenTec] Would like Corsair II comments

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Would like Corsair II comments
From: n4lq@iglou.com (n4lq@iglou.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 07:35:54 -0400
Gerald:
Just curious about the filter delay comment. I always thought the delay
was in the audio/agc circuit which caused it not to respond as fast as it
should. Also can you comment on why you think TT used audio agc instead
of IF agc? I've seen some really simple IF agc circuits that work great.
Do you suppose it was just a carry over from the Triton/Argo days when cw
selectivity was dependent on the af filter being in the agc loop?

N4LQ