[TenTec] re: QRN/QRM testing of rigs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] re: QRN/QRM testing of rigs
From: khopper@uchicago.edu (Ken Hopper)
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 14:39:50 -0500
Steve made an interesting comment about testing rigs with artificial signals.
I believe Johan Forrer KC7WW has been developing those kind of "HF Channel
Simulators" for about a decade (first met him in 1992) and he uses them to
test various HF telecom products. I believe channel simulators were used to
test G-TOR, PACTOR, PACTOR-II and now PACTOR-III against other modulation
schemes. I wonder if they would be useful in ARRL style testing?

     Check out his website at http://www.peak.org/~forrerj/

Incidently, Johan is the guy who wrote the DSP processing software for the
SGC-2020 + DSP. He is quite an accomplished programmer and engineer.

dit dit
de ken n9vv