[TenTec] info on Delta (Delta "1" model 580?)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] info on Delta (Delta "1" model 580?)
From: n4lq@iglou.com (n4lq@iglou.com)
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 11:19:10 -0400
That frequency display threw me off base for a minute when I first saw it
in action. I have 2 Deltas and one has no 17 or 12m xtal but the
frequency still displays properly on both bands. I suppose there was some
cost savings involved in the design. Also the RF gain control is missing
and there is no external speaker jack (use the headphone jack for this).
The IF frequecy is 6.3mhz and one optional filter can be added for cw.
This is almost not necessary since the audio filter works almost as good.
This radio puts out a clean signal on all warc bands, unlike the Omni D
series which has a huge spur on 17m. Also, it does cover 160m. I'll be
using one in my vehicle to replace the IC-706.

Steve N4LQ