[TenTec] Six of one Argonaut...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Six of one Argonaut...
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 10:20:16 -0400
Thanks to everyone who's responded to date on my query on the "fourth"
Argonaut in the series.

Almost everyone's agreed that the first three are the 505, 509, and 515.
But...

-- Some people are telling me that the 556 Argo was #4.
-- Others are telling me that the late-80's 535 Argonaut II was #4.
-- I have another email stating that the Argonaut I was the 505, 509, and
515 inclusive; Argonaut II was the 535; Argonaut III was the 556, and
something else was the Argonaut IV.
-- And I have yet another email stating the same as above, only it claims
that the Argosy 525 & 525D was really the third Argonaut, and the 556 the
fourth.

Very interesting!

Pending final word from Ten Tec (Hey Scott!  That's a hint!), I'd pull a
technicality and surmise that the Argo and Argosy rigs aren't Argonauts, so
the first four rigs would be the 505, 509, 515 & 535.  But if the Argo IS
considered part of the family, then the new 516 would be #6, not #5 in the
sequence.  (I really don't think of the Argosy as an Argonaut, much as I
loved that little rig at the time I was selling them -- sure wish I'd talked
KQ3T out of the store demo 525 when I worked for him)

Which only leads me to ask one remaining question:
Where's the Ten Tec equivalent of Chuck Dachis when we need him!

73, ron wn3vaw

"You are a fluke of the Universe
You have no right to be here
And whether you can hear it or not,
The Universe is laughing behind your back"
-- National Lampoon's Deteriorata