[TenTec] jupiter on dx pedition ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] jupiter on dx pedition ?
From: k9ot@mhtc.net (Paul DeWitte K9OT)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 00:27:25 -0500
This summer I am planning a trip and included in this trip will be a contest
effort on SSB. The rest of the time will be spent on CW. The rig that I have
to take along is a Delta II. As it will be carry on that is why it will be
the Delta and not the Corsair II. I would consider getting a Jupiter as It
will also fit the carry on luggage situation. My question is has anybody
used a Jupiter on a dxpedition/vacation trip and if so were you satisfied
with the performance? Are the filters good enough for the dx end of pileups?
Working split easy? This will be a 100w operation, no amp. Any comments or
suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks 73 Paul K9OT