[TenTec] Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter
From: jhurry@austin.rr.com (Dudley Hurry)
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:56:56 -0500
I use a 25 amp Astron on my Jupiter, the fuse in the rear is for 25 amp.
If you have not had a recent TT transceiver, there is not a rollback on the
output, it just draws more current until the fuse blows, which is almost at
a dead short.  So unless you run a high SWR normally, you should be ok.

Myself, I run the N4PY software about 50% of the time, but since the last
firmware update, (1.17) the radio has worked much better than before using
it in the native Jupiter mode rather than in the Pegasus mode, so I highly
recommend the reflash if you are buying a used radio..   Just check the
screen when you first powerup.   I also recommend that you do a "reset" of
the radio when you first get it, to reset the firmware.

As far as settings, I would recommend that you set down with another
receiver and listen to your transmitted audio to set it the way that you
like.  I will sound fine with the hand mike, but I use a Shure condenser and
a Heil Goldline on mine and get great reports on the audio.  My transmit
width is set at 3.3, low cutoff set to 0, and I receive at 3.3 normally..

Good luck, and notice the difference on 75 meters, on a noisy night, with
the ATT on, sure beats the Pro..

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ