[TenTec] Re: Orion Concern

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Orion Concern
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 21:51:19 +0000
I'm not interested in taking sides in this (for now anyway, I've reached the
point where I've quit caring--burnout?  Orion is too much radio for my tiny
ant. farm anyway.) but I _would_ like to point out that I think the RX 340
was built and sold for professional use.  There's a difference between a guy
sitting down in front of a radio for an evening's enjoyment and someone
who's getting paid to walk up to a rack mounted receiver in a commercial
facility, dial in a frequency, take a few readings and move on to something
else.  I doubt if the 340 was designed to be sold to hobbyists who would
spend hours sitting in front of it for pleasure.  These kinds of radios are
geared more towards being tools to get a job done.  People who are in radio
for fun sometimes have a different set of requirements.

73,

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ
k5uj@hotmail.com