[TenTec] Replacing volume pot (omni VI)correction

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Replacing volume pot (omni VI)correction
From: laussana@epm.net.co (Laussana)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 07:56:41 -0500
correction for my posting

Wonder if anyone has tryed to replace the volume control pot on the omni
vi?

While trying to remove the knob  from the front panel  all I could do
was to take  the center  knob off (volume control) which is
 held by a hex screw ; I could not remove the gray plastic outer ring
which is behind the rf gain control and the front panel ! it Does not
seem  to come off by
just pulling it out. Beleive me I have realy tryed hard to remove it
although rather gently so as not to damage the platic ring. Is there
a special way of removing  it ?
I would very much appreciate any suggestions

73"s/ Jorge/ HK4CZE

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---