[TenTec] Equipment for sale

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Equipment for sale
From: res0wsci@verizon.net (William F. Mansey; WA2PVK)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 13:11:16 -0400
Hello all,
    I feel that I will need to put on my asbestos underwear VERY soon after
posting this message!!!  I will lower the temperature of the flames by
placing references to Ten-Tec gear BEFORE mentioning the non-Ten-Tec gear.
    Prior to getting my new 307 speaker I had an Icom IC-746 on my desk next
to the Jupiter.  I liked being able to have a rig on different bands to
monitor conditions among other things.  The Jupiter always sounded better
than the 746 even when both were connected to identical speakers BUT when I
connected the 307 - - - that difference was magnified significantly.  The
Jupiter and 307 speaker remain on the desk.  The IC-746 (not the PRO model)
is back in its box!
    There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the IC-746 or the Kenwood
TS-570DG I am also selling.  The Jupiter replaced the TS-570 but I have not
tried very hard to sell it until now.  The thing motivating me to sell both
these rigs now is the ORION!  I will either sell or trade-in the Jupiter at
a later date (hopefully soon!) when Ten-Tec begins taking orders.
    This is NOT the best place to list non T-T gear for sale BUT I have
decided to post anyway.  I am sure that quite a few others, on the list,
have plenty of "other" gear as well.  I will post in other, more appropriate
areas, later but I wanted to give the people on this reflector the first
chance.  Both rigs have little use and are in excellent condition both
physically and operationally!
    I have my asbestos underwear on now - so here goes! - - -
Item #1;  ICOM IC-746.  Original box, manual& schematics, hand microphone,
power cable, and the optional RS-746 computer control program & cable.
ASKING PRICE:  $900.00 (including shipping CONUS)
Item #2;  Kenwood TS-570DG.  Original box, manual&schematics, hand
microphone, OPTIONAL MC-60 desk microphone, power cable, DB-9 serial cable
for computer control (free RCP software download from Kenwood web site),
ASKING PRICE:  $800.00 (including shipping CONUS)
    Digital photographs available upon request.   73;  Bill  WA2PVK

---