[TenTec] can I hook this up ?????

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] can I hook this up ?????
From: KB2HUK@aol.com (KB2HUK@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 17:01:31 EDT
Hello all !  I am hoping some of  you technical guys might be able to help
me.  I have the ten tec Jupiter and I want to hook up the Kenwood sm220
station monitor to it.  I am told it will work to monitor audio and signal
out for any radio .  I have also been told that to make the station monitor
evaluate incoming signals the IF on the radio must be close to 8.3 megs.  the
3rd. IF on the Jupiter is 12khz.  my question is this will this station
monitor work with my Jupiter on tx and rx ???  if its use will be limited ,
limited to what ?  can it be made to work ?  I want to mention that this
monitor comes with the bs8 and pan 320  what ever that is ?  can any one help
me or maybe be using this set up .   I tried to call TT but they were done
for the day , I am going to the hamfest on Saturday and I would like to know
so I can pick one up .
thanks for all your help ......     John  Kb2huk