[TenTec] Fw: Ten-Tec Omni-D S-Meter Bulb

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: Ten-Tec Omni-D S-Meter Bulb
From: N4NT@chartertn.net (Mike Hyder -N4NT-)
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 21:31:44 -0400
Hi again, Larry--

I just dug through my Omni folder and found a Ten-Tec modification for the
Omni meter lamp.

The modification sheet came with two parts, a 1892 bayonet base bulb (14.4
volt - 0.12 amp) and a 10 ohm, 1/2 watt resistor.

Here are the modification steps:
1. Remove CM47 Bulb.
2. Cut out resistor on base of bulb.
3. Install new bulb (1892).
4. Install 10 ohm resistor as shown. (Diagram shows the new resistor
connecting from the red wire on the Mic/Blanker pot down to the lug on the
lamp.)  In the circuitry, the lamp and the resistor wind up being in series
and across the 12 volt line.  This is where I used the 33 ohm resistor
instead of the 10 ohm that Ten-Tec supplied, and I've never lost a lamp
since!

I'm sending a copy of this to the Ten-Tec reflector in hopes that it helps
someone.

73, Mike N4NT