[TenTec] Ham-Com & Ten-Tec

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ham-Com & Ten-Tec
From: jmalloy@stny.rr.com (Joe Malloy)
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 17:54:07 -0400
Eric, the tuning rate on the Jupiter is adjustable from 1 Hz (where one spin
of the dial takes you about 120 Hz from the frequency and the last 2 numbers
are a blur while spinning the knob) to 100K (about 12,000,000 Hz per turn
but only the first three numbers change.  N4PY's software allows some more
control (Ten-Tec doesn't allow you 50 Hz or 500 Hz, for example, but Carl
does) in addition to the standard tuning rates.  Look at it this way: you
always *were* tuning so fast that you couldn't read the least significant
digits, but in the old analog days, you were happy to be about on
frequency -- now you're ticked if it's off from WWV even a smidge!  (Am I
revealing too much of myself here?)

The Jupiter is a fine mid-priced rig all around (I was on 40 AM today, it's
a blast!), no problems with the frequency display here!

73,

Joe, W2RBA