[TenTec] sinister doings

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] sinister doings
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:54:50 EDT
This seems to be not only a buyers market, but a niche buyers market.

Being "dexterous", righthanded,  myself - and having spent more than a few
hours cussin' the pinhead who made a radio "ambidextrous" with important
controls on the far ends of BOTH sides of the front panel and tuning knob so
you have to use both hands to operate the thing  -

It seems to me there is a market for a lefthanded,  a "sinister," radio. One
with a control panel laid out like the Omni VI would be if the panel layout
were reversed.  Power switch and mike plug on the far right,  ST to VOX
buttons on the far left. Something like 14 percent of the public prefers to
use the left hand, and 4-7 percent are acutely uncomfortable with
"righthanded" equipment of any sort.

I remember when Savage and Remington first came out with left handed hunting
and target rifles. Our local gun dealers couldn't order them fast enough.  I
would not have one for my own use - but some of my gun crank friends won't
use anything else.  And one has more than 30 "southpaw specials." Gotta have
a deer rifle for deer, a rabbit rifle for rabbits, a squirrel rifle for
making Brunswick stew, and so on ad infinitum. Just like hams gotta have a
contest rig for contests, a mobile rig - etc..

Just a stray thought - but a wink's as good as an oration to the perceptive

73  Pete Allen  AC5E