[TenTec] Adding band to Omni D Series B

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Adding band to Omni D Series B
From: Tim English <te@usol.com> (Tim English)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:52:08 -0400
I have an Omni D Series B here that has 30 meters on the band switch and 12
meters in the AUX position. My question is this, can one had 17 meters to this
rig also ? Are there coil packs in the aux position or could one simply replace
the aux crystal with one for 17 meters or even add a toggle switch on the back
to switch 2 crystals into the aux position ? I'm just grasping at straws here.
I am a recent newcomer to Ten Tec gear and am hooked. My Corsair II is the best
CW rig I have ever owned.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.
--
Tim, K8TJ

multipart/alternative
  text/html