[TenTec] What is a Ten Tec Model 100?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] What is a Ten Tec Model 100?
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com (WA3FIY)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:21:31 -0400
On 19 Jun 2002 at 11:07, WA3FIY wrote:

> Hope someone can shed some light on what the differences are
> between the '100 and '150.

I forgot to add that the Model 100 should not be confused
with the Model TX-100 transmitter produced by Ten Tec
somewhere around the 1970's.  The TX-100 is a TUBE TYPE,
yes, I said tube type, 3 band crystal controlled novice
transmitter along the lines of the Drake 2NT.  A matching VFO
was available as the Model 200 and also a wideband reciever,
model 10.   :-)

Also, the Model 150 commercial transceiver DID NOT have
QSK CW!    Probably one of the few transceivers ever
produced by TT without their supurb QSK!

-73-

-Lee-