[TenTec] Ten Tec @ field day

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec @ field day
From: vern@mantlelamp.com (Vernon J. Kunes, Jr.)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:20:42 -0400
Our 2A station ran 2 Ten Tec Corsairs. Many SSB contacts on all bands, =
and additional contacts in PSK31. RTTY, and SSTV. The PSK31 and RTTY =
contacts were made with N1MM logger, and the SSTV were made with MMSSTV. =
I was once asked if the older Ten Tecs were stable enough to use on the =
new digital modes. We started doing PSK and RTTY on Omni Ds, and never =
had a problem. The radios performed flawlessly, the generator ran =
flawlessly, and the tent fulfilled it's mission by protecting us from a =
shower about 4:30 AM EDT. By the way, our antenna systems were a pair of =
135' doublets, fed with 450 ohm ladder line, and tuned on all bands. We =
are not the greatest of contesters, but we have found that we work more =
and weaker signals with the Corsairs than we ever did with Jap rigs. =
Next year, if we win the Lottery........  73s  Vern  N2YZS

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---