[TenTec] RX340 Computer Control

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RX340 Computer Control
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 07:55:37 -0400
I am writing software to control the RX340. According to the RX340 =
manual, configuration switch S1-5 sets the serial byte length to 7 or 8. =
However, it seems that the byte length is always 8 regardless of the =
setting, or at least my program needs to be set to 8 to work.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Admittedly, this is the first time I have =
ever tried to use 7 bit bytes, so I don't know if my serial port =
routines work properly with 7 bits.

I also tried using the Windows HyperTerminal program. It seeemed to work =
at either 7 or 8 bit settings regardless of the S1-5 setting.

73,
Mark

multipart/alternative
  text/html