[TenTec] interface question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] interface question
From: mark.milburn@juno.com (Mark Milburn)
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 07:18:27 -0500
I'm trying to hook up an MFJ TNC to the Jupiter using the accessory plug
and not having any luck with the audio input.  When I get any output on
the rig at all, the ALC lights up and I am apparently overdriving it.  I
have a 100 K resistor in the audio line and a 10 K pot to ground.  As I
adjust the 10 K pot, the rig goes from "no output" to "full output".
Any suggestions on the values to use in the interface .....and a  little
schematic help to make sure I am hooking it up right?  The TNC handbook
says the audio output is 250 mV and the Jupiter operator manual says it
wants to see 1 mV.

Would I be better off to wire the interface directly into the microphone
input where I have the Microphone Gain Control for easy adjustment?

73  mark, KQ0I