[TenTec] Ten Tec 2591 HT

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec 2591 HT
From: k4aal@jackatak.theporch.com (Ariel M. Elam)
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 23:04:04 -0500
Hi Bob -- Yes there are still some of us who use the 2591. I have had
mine since the first TT Hamfest, almost 2 years. It came without cells
in the case, and I had to order inserts. It at times would do strange
things. It went to TT and they repaired it. Later I discovered on this
reflector that the connector for the boards oxidized, these strange
displays could appear. I pulled mine apart when it happened again, and
carefully sprayed DeoxIT on the connector. Use sparingly! That cured the
problem.Still, on complete discharge of the battery, it does some
strange things, but a reset seems to clear all problems.

I hope this will help you to get it going again.

73, Ariel, k4aal