[TenTec] Qs-Triton IV

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Qs-Triton IV
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:52:22 -0400
> That's a late-early model Triton IV.  The later Triton IV Digitals had to be
> "renamed" Model 544.  But don't freak out!  It's a Ten*Tec not a Yacomwood
> so there's no such thing as late model "mods" to make it useful.

That's the truth Paul.  Come to think of it, Ten-Tec is the only manufacturer
of equipment where I do not have to conduct an
exhaustive research into the serial number-mod sheet to see if it's a "80 or 90
million S/N rig."  With other manufacturers,
variances in the S/N can mean the difference of hundreds of dollars.

-Paul, W9AC