[TenTec] A hypothetic question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] A hypothetic question
From: crrandal@earthlink.net (Cara and Randy Randall)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 18:0:2 -0500
There is a psudo"standard" the
Collins CCA rating.  I know of

no other group more particular
than the Collins collectors.

Maybe we should "borrow"
their rating system, make changes

where appropriate and publish them
here.  What do you think?

Randy KB8ASO

To: tentec@contesting.com

Sent: 8/4/02 9:11:46

Subject: [TenTec] A hypothetic
question

Hello, guys:

       I'm an OT with relatively new
introductions to TT, eBay, eHam, and all

the other sales possibilities. I have a new Jupiter, a second hand Scout,
and

a wide assortment going back years and years.

       As I new-comer to current marketing of
used equipment, I have been

puzzled by many seller evaluations. "This is a 10." "This is a 9+." "This

one, if it weren't for three chips in the paint on the back side which you

can hardly see, would be a 9 for sure."

       My question may seem a bit off the
wall. But does anyone ever

advertise a rig and describe it is a "3," perhaps a "5+," or even a "7-."
Or

are there now only two levels, "10" and "9"? Is it a rig is either a "10"
or

a "9," then "don't ask" and "buyer beware" ? ?
?       8-)

      Same things on the RST codes on CW or
SSB.  I've noticed numbers of DX

stations hand out "5 9" to all stations, even my tiny peanut, when I
could

barely read them on my rig. They would honestly be a 4 5, but they give
me a 5

 9.  What gives? Is everything now magnificient or nearly
so?        8-)

73  Raymond   w5vpu

multipart/alternative

  text/html