[TenTec] Paragon VFO Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon VFO Problem
From: resluder@coserv.net (R. Eric Sluder)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:42:33 -0500
In a former job, I had a standby diesel generator fail to start.  I called
the service company out to take a look at it.  The tech needed to
verify that the fuel pump was bad based on his analysis.  So... he
opened up the intake and sprayed WD-40 up it while cranking the
starter.  To my amazement, the engine started and he continued to run
that engine on WD-40 for over a minute by just squirting it up the intake
at regular intervals to affirm the engine was fine.  It was very interesting
to see that huge diesel chugging along on WD-40, but it really worked.

The moral of the story is... it really is just kerosene (proven) and I
changed lubricants after that demonstration.  The chap who recommended
"Break Free CLP" is right on the money.  You won't find a better
lubricant!

73,
R. Eric Sluder
W5WLW