[TenTec] Paragon VFO Problem:Ether

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon VFO Problem:Ether
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:03:18 EDT
I doubt that there's anything but ether and a propellant in a can of "ether."
Ether is in itself a powerful solvent, as well as having a dangerously low
flash point. The condensation you see is caused by the extremely cold spray
vaporizing and chilling your work.

And a final couple of words about Break Free CLP. I have application notes on
the product going as far back as the 1970's and several mention moisture
displacement. Which has been my general experience, although I do dry things
before I oil them.

And if you need a good anti-galling lube for aluminum or stainless steel
parts Break Free is as good as I have found. I just put a couple of Tennadyne
LP's together and Break Free made the job of fitting the elements and boom a
pleasure.

73  all  Pete Allen  AC5E