[TenTec] Re: synthesizers was Omni C

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: synthesizers was Omni C
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:20:00 -0400
Keep in mind that while the band conversion oscillator in the Omni V, VI and
Paragon is indeed xtal controlled, there is still a synthesizer, complete
with PLL, wheezing and spitting out all manner of foul radio gas lurking
inside the rig. One must go back to the old Triton, Omni, Delta 580 or
Corsair days to escape those beasties.

Steve Ellington N4LQ.