[TenTec] Receivers

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Receivers
From: wb8yqj@yahoo.com (Don Rasmussen)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:21:47 -0700 (PDT)
Jerry and gang,

This might not be typical, depending upon the
filters in your Corsair and the position in which they
are installed. In my Corsair II, the last filter
position has the most gain and I have an Inrad filter
in that position. I can say that the Corsair II stands
in like a rock in CW contests no matter how many
strong nearby signals there are. The Jupiter may not
fare so well against this 12 year old transceiver in
that respect!

73,
de Don WB8YQJ/6, Carlsbad, Ca.

--- Jerry Harley &lt;wa2tti@qsl.net&gt; wrote:
&gt; I just got off 10m, talking to CA from PA, and
the
&gt; S1/2 in the mud
&gt; signals that I was copying Q5 on the Jupiter were
&gt; not intelligible on my
&gt; Corsair.  The Corsair did win the audio race.
They
&gt; liked the Corsair
&gt; with 705 better than the Jupiter.  Jerry