[TenTec] PTO grease

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PTO grease
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart Rohre)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:48:21 -0500
I would caution against Lubriplate, it hardened after many years and
exposure to industrial lab environment in a couple places I know.  I think
it is petroleum based, like the red greases.  All those seem to harden with
time and heat.  Synthetic grease like Dow 44 High Temperature Ball Bearing
grease stays pliable after 32 years.  Of course, the temperature and
humidity environment affects the product, thus in some places Lubriplate
might work.  In cars, it often hardens in exposure to air and the outside
elements.  It is what was commonly used for Detroit's hood and trunk latches
until more recent greases displaced it.
73,
Stuart K5KVH