[TenTec] 260 PS Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 260 PS Question
From: tomnorth@airmail.net (Tom North)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 20:26:11 -0500
IMHO, I'd start by making sure mechanical connx were good - 'under the
screw' - and then be looking at solder joints, then caps.

Alan Wrote:
Subject: [TenTec] TT 260 PS Question

I have an intermittant problem with the 260 PS for my Corsair. I will
occasionally get a mild hum on transmit (CW) that I can hear in the headset.
If I turn the power supply off and back on the problem disappears. Last week
in receive mode I heard a loud buzzing. Turning PS off then on made the buzz
go away. With the antenna removed from the Corsair, RF LOW SETTING and AF at
MAX, using the headset there is only a very very faint hum.

I am not sure where to start to look for the problem and would appreciate
suggestion(s). Yes the radio equipment is all grounded

Alan KB7MBI in Woodinville, WA
FISTS 5702  Proud member of ARRL