[TenTec] transverters on 6m

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] transverters on 6m
From: RMcGraw@Blomand.Net (Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX)
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 14:50:43 -0500
Duane speaks absolutely correct about the transverter issue.  There is a
difference in transverters and the receiver, as the IF, makes a difference
too.  It is sure nice to have a very quiet, stable receiver with very narrow
filters for weak signal VHF CW  and SSB work.  The all mode, all band radios
just don't seem to get it, especially in the receive department.  And if you
are in a high RF area, forget about adding a pre-amp.  That just spells more
trouble.  NF is the game to be played.

I opted to spend my money on a couple of high performance transverters in
place of a Tentec 6N2 rig.  I'd like to have a 6N2 but when there's only a
certain amount of $$$$ then I have to choose where they get most effectively
spent.

If anyone needs info on "how to feed" a transverter, let me know.  I'll be
glad to share info that works and is simple.

73
Bob K4TAX