[TenTec] Jupiter _External Speaker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter _External Speaker
From: k4cgy_list@yahoo.com (James C. Owen, III)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:33:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Charlie,
   For the most bang for the buck I recommend using one of the
Motorola mobile speakers. You can find them almost anytime on
ebay for about $10.00. There are several types and they all are
good but I generally shy away from the old '60s style metal. The
newer, about  6" square, either plastic or metal case is what I
use. They sound great, and are very efficient. In fact on the
Corsair II I have to put about a 6db pad in to get the AF gain
set up scale where the audio amp of the Corsair likes to operate.
Just be sure that the speaker terminals are not grounded to
anything. Just wire the two terminal to the output leads and then
into a phone plug. It's not quite as pretty as the TT but cost
about $89.00 less.

73 Jim K4CGY