[TenTec] confusion about 563 vs 564

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] confusion about 563 vs 564
From: csturner@slonet.org (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:55:42 -0700
On Tuesday, September 10, 2002, at 07:48 PM, Steve Ellington wrote:

> I haven't checked this out but someone told me the real Omni VI+ had
> circuit
> boards with surface mount technology, smt, components while the other
> did
> not. Perhaps someone can verify this.

Yes, isn't the CW transmit offset set differently (different crystals in
the BFO) in the "real" 6+ ?  I also understand that the product detector
circuit in the 6 was improved at some point (second order problems in
the passband) later in the 6 series, maybe in the 6+ .  I have a mod kit
from the UK that improves the product detector and alleviates the
problem  in the stock 6.  That's the information I have, not a big deal,
really, but a difference.

Clark
WA3JPG