[TenTec] Re: Confusion about 563 and 564

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Confusion about 563 and 564
From: W5VPU@aol.com (W5VPU@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:51:49 EDT
I made a statement I want to retract about the "dead horse" syndrome.

I agreed that "yes, we've beaten the horse to death." On reflection, I take
an additional viewpoint.

Those of us who read and read numerous opinions about different issues can
wish to talk of something else. We may forget those for whom the issue is not
a dead horse. Indeed, for them it is not a horse at all, but an issue in
which they have some strong feelings invested. I want to honor that and not
disregard it.

Further, there may be many many newcomers who are a bit timid about writing
anything. They may read and read. But then one day, like a kid approaching
the diving board at the swimming pool for the first time, they gather their
courage and write out an opinion, a question, and wonderment, a wish. They
have finally for them taking a huge step and leap into the pool of other hams!

I want to honor those as well. For by writing anything at all on the
reflector, they have finally "taken out membership" on the reflector and
given us their reflections! Hurrah for their joining the rest of us. Any
other viewpoints about this take on folk who dare to express themselves?

73   Raymond Perkins  w5vpu
Oklahoma City, OK

multipart/alternative
  text/html