[TenTec] Differences between VI upgrade(s) and VI+...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Differences between VI upgrade(s) and VI+...
From: johnclif@ix.netcom.com (John Clifford)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:05:45 -0700
I thought that an Omni VI Opt 3 was a VI with a new 9Mhz board (VI+), new
parts (buttons, black button bezel from the VI+) to support the extra 9Mhz
slot, and the VI+ DSP.  The Opt1 was just the VI+ DSP with button stickers
for the modified functionality, and the Opt2 upgrade was the same as Opt1
with new buttons instead of stickers.

I also thought that Ten-Tec made an alteration to the VIs so that later
production came with the TXCO.

What other differences exist between a 563-Opt3 and an early 564?  What mods
exist to improve the VI-Opt'X' hardware performance?

Thanks,

 - jgc

John Clifford KD7KGX

Heathkit HW-9 WARC/HFT-9/HM-9
Elecraft K2 #1678 /KSB2/KIO2/KBT2/KAT2/KNB2/KAF2/KPA100
Ten-Tec Omni VI/Opt1

email: kd7kgx@arrl.net