[TenTec] Orion shown with Heil mike

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion shown with Heil mike
From: amishbuggy37@yahoo.com (W3UIO)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:38:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Bill,

The Heil problem does not occur with the Jupiter, nor
does it occur in the narrow position. The problem is
getting enough gain to light the ALC light properly.

In addition, I referred to audio reports from several
hams familiar with my voice. The quality results in
order from highest to lowest are:
1. Heil in narrow position
2. TT 705 desk mike
3. Heil in wide position

#3 should be #1. Nevertheless, there are ways to
overcome this. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

BTW, my PTT switch on the Heil became intermittent
after just over a year of use. I e-mailed Heil Sound
as to what to do about it. I received an e-mail
response from Bob Heil expressing regret that I am
having a problem. He instructed me as to how to get to
the switch inside the mike and offered to send me a
new switch free of charge or I could send it in for
repair with 48 hour turn around at no charge except
for return shipping.

Now that's service. Out of warranty no less. I can
think of another company with great service such as
that as well.

Larry, W3UIO

--- "William Mansey; WA2PVK" <res0wsci@verizon.net>