[TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq. readout

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus freq. readout
From: n4lq@iglou.com (n4lq@iglou.com)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:11:51 -0400
Ok...Try setting up a sked with someone on PSK31 on a certain frequency.
Have you ever looked at PSK on 20m? If your filter if opened up to a
wide, 500hz, you may see about 5 signals on your waterfall display. Now
consider that your dial is off by 200hz. You'd never find your sked. Same
deal with Amtor and Pactor scheduling. Those roaming Pactor mailboxes
would never hear you if your dial is more than 50hz off frequency. Sure,
with cw and ssb, dial calibration doesn't matter that much but when you
rely on a dumb computer to do the work, it matters a lot.