[TenTec] New Computer Coming, ref: migration SW..

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New Computer Coming, ref: migration SW..
From: jhurry@austin.rr.com (Dudley Hurry)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 19:24:44 -0500
Jim,

For the most part Steve is right..   But there are some programs out there
that can help in transferring from one machine to another..

First make sure that you have a good backup plan incase everything goes
wrong (recovery CDs on the new machine, backups of the original machine and
program install disk)

You can also use  a program that I found real handy and WILL move most
programs from one machine to another even between Win95 to XP if necessary.
As long as the original program is compatible with XP for example, but check
out "PC Relocator"    which you can get at your local PC store..

Another thought too, if you had purchased an IBM machine that software to
help you migrate from one Intel to an IBM PC in FREE, but that is another
story..

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ