[TenTec] Jupiter Microphone?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Microphone?
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 10:40:46 -0400
It's a marketing game.  If you want a (relatively cheap) mike included with
the rig, figure an extra $50-75 to the cost, depending on the type of mike
and the quantity purchased in.

Now consider that many ops already have a favorite mike (be it a brand new
Heil or their ancient D-104 and most anything in between) or two or three.
To say nothing of CW ops who don't want one, or digital ops who are planning
to use their new radio for digital modes only.  And if you decide (for
whatever reason) you don't like the mike that comes with the rig, odds are
that you'll go out & replace it with another and dispose of the "stock" mike
in one form or another.

So, do you really want Ten-Tec to charge you an extra $50 or so?  Just
because "the other guys" do it with some of their radios?

73, ron wn3vaw

"And they give you cash,
which is just as good as money!"
Yogi Berra, AFLAC Commercial, 2002