[TenTec] Jupiter software

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter software
From: scott@wowpage.com (Scott Johnson)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 12:48:34 -0400
OK, here's a question I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere.  The
Jupiter programmer's guide says that there are two modes for controlling the
radio.

Pegasus emulation mode makes the Jupiter look like a Pegasus -- it uses the
Pegasus command set and DISABLES the front panel, while Jupiter mode uses a
separate Jupiter command set and DOES NOT DISABLE the front panel.

Several people have written control software that takes advantage of Pegasus
mode.  Is there no oftware that uses Jupiter mode, so that I can retain
front panel control and display?  If I wanted my front panel disabled, I
would have bought a Pegasus and saved $300. :)

I tried the Jupiter-specific version of PegasusPlus, but it too puts the
radio in Pegasus mode.

Anyone know about something I missed?  Any ideas appreciated.

     Scott

--
Scott Johnson (scott@wowpage.com) (s.johnson@klotzdigital.com)
ICQ: 30730876 ICBM: N33 45 50.6 W84 49 31.3 (+- 3dB)