[TenTec] amplifiers

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] amplifiers
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 22:45:28 +0000
I consider this to be an unnecessary reply to an innocent question posed by
someone who is probably new to the hobby.  Unless I'm taking it the wrong
way, I think we're better off without this kind of posting.  If you can't be
helpful don't bother.
To the original poster:  amplifier questions should be sent to
amps@contesting.com.  Most new vacuum tube HF amateur amplifiers can be
placed on a desk top and have have built in supplies.  This is because they
don't need the huge power supplies which were required for qro AM
transmitting in the old days (they also have sold state rectifiers).  A few
have the supply in a separate cabinet but the rf and ps units are usually
sold as a pair, especially for solid state amps which require high dc
current. in other words, no, don't run out and buy a power supply.
Rob
K5UJ