[TenTec] INRAD Audio mod for Omni VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] INRAD Audio mod for Omni VI+
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:31:14 -0700 (PDT)
K4TAX mused: "I am wondering if a 3.4 khz filter or
3.8 khz filter wouldn't be even better?  Yes, I
realize that it would impact the RX bandwidth too and
would likely make the signal wider on TX, but in the
interest of achieving "hi-fi SSB" this approach might
be worth the effort."

My quick thought is that 2.8Khz is the widest filters
you can buy, so not sure where you could get wider
filters unless you fashion them yourself.

In my Corsair, I installed a 2.8 in the 9Mhz i.f. and
ran the 6.3 i.f. wide open (just a .01uF cap across
the filter slot - a trick I learned from WA3JPG), and
tapped the audio soon after the detector.  Sounds
incredible.

73,

Barry N1EU
www.albany.net/~bg