[TenTec] Argonaut Review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut Review
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:43:41 -0400
At 07:46 PM 10/21/02 -0400, you wrote:
>I agree with Caitlyn that a first impression posted on eHam.net is not a
>definitive review. On the other hand, first impressions are important,
>because radios not only are measurable objectively with lab equipment and
>side-by-side comparisons, they also can have positive--or
>irritating--features that can be uncovered right out of the box. E.Ham.net
>has a policy of allowing posters only one review, which is regrettable
>because I think it would be useful to be able to read a ham's first
>impressions of a rig and then have him/her come back three or more months
>later with a more definitive take on the radio.

Hello:

There is a specific reason that eHam.net adopted that policy - it was
due to some manufacturers (Ten-Tec included) having one person
or another write multiple negative reviews of the same piece of equipment.
There was once instance where an individual who bought a Jupiter
transceiver from us and then returned it for refund wrote 11 reviews
and posted them to eHam.net, each one rated at '0' and repeating the
same information over and over.

I've also noted where multiple positive reviews have been written
about a specific piece of Ten-Tec equipment that they have been
deleted in favor of the most recent one - demonstrating this is an
evenhanded approach on eHam's part.

Of course, ALREADY there is a non-review of the Argonaut V
by someone who read the specs and decided he didn't like it -
and posted a 'review' to eHam.net.  I suppose another request
on my part is if you'd like to write a bad review of a Ten-Tec
radio, how about at least TRYING the rig before doing so?

You *can* write a second review on the same piece of
equipment for eHam.net, only your original review will be
deleted after your 'update'.

Scott Robbins, W4PA

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
   Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
   Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
   Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
   Email:  New product sales/product info         sales@tentec.com
              Service department                         service@tentec.com
   While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
   the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
   more complete answer to your inquiries.  Thanks!