[TenTec] ZS6BKW doublet modfied to K5KVH, derived from G5RV

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ZS6BKW doublet modfied to K5KVH, derived from G5RV
From: rohre@arlut.utexas.edu (Stuart Rohre)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:03:07 -0500
To Bam and others,
The K5KVH uses the ZS6BKW dimensions for 450 ohm ladder line to a wire
dipole, all arranged if seen from an airplane as a Letter "T".  That, is
they are all horizontal, with ladder line tied off on another vertical
support.  But, this addition allows use of the G5RV type antenna lower to
ground than the length of the ladder line or TV twin lead section, ie it
does not have to be vertical.

The trade off, which was an advantage to me, is an omnidirectional pattern,
with some apparent gain from 20M up to 10M.

Mine also uses RG 8X, lower loss than RG 58 but without the weight of RG 8
types.  If I were putting up another, I would just use 450 ohm line all the
way to the shack transmatch.  My original K5KVH was used however, without a
transmatch on 20M 40M and 15M mainly, and 15 had swr of 3:1 adequate with my
rig.  I would suggest a transmatch for optimum power at any band.
73, Stuart K5KVH