[TenTec] Argonaut V direct comparisons with other TT rigs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V direct comparisons with other TT rigs
From: ku4qd@earthlink.net (Caitlyn Martin)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:14:00 -0400
Hi, everyone,

Maybe I'm just being caught up in everyone else's enthusiasm, but I'll
admit that I am getting more and more interested in an Argonaut V.  I'd
be interested in hearing direct comparisons of the receiver performance,
filtering, QRM fighting ability, etc... compared to other, older Ten Tec
rigs.  In particular, which pulls out a really weak signal better, the
Argo V or your older rig?  Why?  If you're on a crowded band (40 at
night, 20, etc...) which is better at getting single signal reception?
I'd like that answer for both SSB and CW.  Compare the DSP filters with
older crystal filters (i.e.: 217, 218, 219) and compare the DSP notch
with conventional notch filters in older rigs.

I'd part with either my Scout or my Argosy or both if I were to buy an
Argonaut V.  I'm trying to make sure that if I do that I'd be getting a
step up in terms of receiver performance.  I find, for me, A/B
comparisons are the best.

Thanks bunches,
Caity
KU4QD