[TenTec] Pegasus and PSK 31

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus and PSK 31
From: Jim FitzSimons" <cherry@getnet.net (Jim FitzSimons)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 17:38:54 -0700
Vince, it is possible to do psk31 without any interface. You do need to
adjust
the soundcard output or the audio input so that it does not overdrive the
Pegasus.
That is hard since the Pegasus does not let you turn off the ALC. The VOX on
the
Pegasus works very good for psk31. You do need to have the correct cables to
connect the soundcard to the Pegasus audio input and output. I used MixW
psk31
software and the N4PY software to send and receive psk31.
I also do QSK CW with the MixW software, but that requires a interface to
key
the Pegasus. MixW can do CW using soundcard and VOX with no interface,
but it is not QSK CW.
Jim W7ANF