[TenTec] Re: [QRPp-I] Argonaut V/516 Supply Voltage sensitivity.>=12.0Vd

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: [QRPp-I] Argonaut V/516 Supply Voltage sensitivity.>=12.0Vdc
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (wb2vuf@qsl.net)
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 14:05:16 -0500
Yes, this can be done and there are several inverters on the market. The
pulse width modulator types are undoubtedly the most efficient. A lot of
them are intended for the commercial or military market, so they are not
cheap.

When using a battery, I think the trick is to have a large enough
battery so that the voltage will not drop off so fast, or  add an
additional cell if using gel cells or NimH cells.

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF