[TenTec] FS: Ten-Tec Centaur Amplifier - Like New

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Ten-Tec Centaur Amplifier - Like New
From: w9wis@charter.net (Michael Melland)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:55:26 -0500
Having just purchased another item I must now sell my
Ten-Tec Centaur amplifier.  The amplifier is about 3 years
old and is in perfect condition.  I am the original owner
(non-smoker). The amp has been very sparingly used and
probably has less then 5 hours total "on" time on it.
 Much less transmit time...

The Centaur utilizes 3 each Svetlana ceramic based 811A
tubes and it is wired to operate on 120 volts.  It draws
about 11 amps of current at 120 volts max. and makes 600
watts output +/- depending on antenna match and the band
from 160 through 10 meters (WARC bands included).  The
amplifier loads easily and is easy to tune.  Another BIG
plus is that the amp will interface with any radio however
it is designed to do QSK with Ten-Tec products using their
usual EN OUT hook-up.  811A tubes are still economical and
easy to find should you ever need replacement. I believe I
have the original packaging for the amp and the manual is
also included.  The amp originally sold for $750 plus
shipping and I am asking $600 plus shipping.  There is not
a mark on the amp and it is in "as new" condition.

If interested please email.... digital pics available on
request.

Regards,

Mike

--