[TenTec] 516 temptation

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 516 temptation
From: wb2vuf@qsl.net (Bwana Bob)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:44:23 -0500
Thanks to those who have been posting first impressions of the 516. At
first I thought it was overpriced, but now I'm not so sure, when one
compares it to the Argonaut 515 ($400) or the Argo II ($1200). It does
seem to be a pretty sophisticated rig. Yes, the JA rigs cost less, but
if you read the fine print, they all need $150 filters to make them
perform decently on CW.

Any comparisons yet to the FT-100D, IC-706, etc?

I'm really tempted, but I already have a Paragon, Corsair and a Scout.
How many Ten Tecs is too many (I only have 2 antennas). If I buy an ARGO
V, can I be a radio operator on Lara Croft's next tomb raiding
expedition?

                                73,

                                Bob WB2VUF